Monday, October 15, 2012

Vegan MoFo: A peak in my CSA box

Yup.  It's Monday, so it's time for a peak into my CSA box this week.


That's: six zucchini, three yellow squash, four green bell peppers, eight jalapenos, 14 plums (give or take), two delicata squash, one yellow onion, two apples, five tomatoes, two peaches, one head of cabbage, two green pears, eight bartlett pears, a few bunches of grapes, and a whole mess of fingerling potatoes.

So far, I'm thinking some sort of jalapeno poppers are in store for us this week (especially since we still have some peppers left over from last week), possibly a creamy pear/squash soup like this, sauerkraut (after Julian's successful attempt several weeks ago), and probably some pickled jalapenos, too.

Does anyone have a fantabulous zucchini bread recipe?  It's kinda the only way I like zucchini and I'm looking for the best recipe out there.

Oy.  We still have veggies to use up from last week, too!  So many veggies!

5 comments:

  1. y'know, jalajpenos are great frozen. that's where mine go as soon as i buy them.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about that! Do you chop them first?

      Delete
  2. So much produce - looks good!

    And, I really like the zucchini bread or muffin recipe from the first Babycakes book! If you don't have it, let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'll have to investigate. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. Fingerlings are my new favorite potatoes, even though a few exploded in my oven last week. That's a gorgeous haul of produce!

    ReplyDelete